The following Fam-Trips are offered and organized by the hosting region and their partners. The Fam-Trips can be booked by all tour operators who attend to the CycleSummit 2021 in Toulouse.
PRETOUR LOURDES TO THE DESTINATION PYRENEES
- Arrival directly in Lourdes by noon (if possible, depending on the flights) or arrival in Toulouse before 10 am then coach transfer to Lourdes.
- in the afternoon : e-bike tour to discover the local terroir and architecture : either in the piémont lourdais to a brasserie in the Castelloubon Valley or in Val d’Azun (»Bike & Cheese tour)
- Presentation of the Bike and Mountain Biking operators of the Hautes-Pyrénées
- Dinner and night in Lourdes
- Departure from the hotel for a foot transfer to the bottom of the Col du Tourmalet, on the Bareges slope
- The Col du Tourmalet, the Holy Grail of the cyclists, accessible to everyone
- Visit of the Pic Du Midi with a simple and easy access to the highest summits
- Drive to the Louron Valley and relaxation break at Balnea in Loudenvielle
- Dinner and night in Loudenvielle, at the Mercure Peyragudes Loudenvielle Pyrénées
- Choice of 3 bike or e-bike activities : soft e-bike to discover the Louron ; Downhill in mountain bike from the skyvall ; Route des Lacs (Road of the Lakes) in e-bike
- Departure to Toulouse in early afternoon.
FROM THE CANAL DU MIDI TO THE CATHAR COUNTRY
- Departure from Toulouse to go in Aude department, arrival in Carcassonne
- visit of the medieval City of Carcassonne + Bastide Saint Louis
- cycling tour along the Canal du Midi to Trèbes.
- Night in Carcassonne
- Departure from Carcassonne by coach to Belvèze du Razès (via the port of Bram on the Canal du Midi).
- Greenway cycling activity towards the Ariège, from Belvèze du Razès to Lavelanet
- Belvèze du Razès – Mirepoix / Lunch in Mirepoix
- Guided visit of Mirepoix, Great Tourist Site of Occitanie
- Dinner and overnight in Domaine de la Besse & Spa****
- Departure from Camon to Lavelanet by bike along the greenway
Transfer by coach from Lavelanet to Montségur
- Guided visit of Montsegur Castle and the amazing point of view to the Pyrénées, Great Tourist Site of Occitanie
- Lunch in a restaurant in Montségur
- Departure for Toulouse airport in the early afternoon, arrival at the airport around 4.30/5pm.
CYCLING COCKTAIL IN THE HERAULT DEPARTMENT
- Departure to Herault region, Port Neuf in Béziers
- Bike ride along the Canal du Midi to the Malpas tunnel, including crossing the Canal Bridge over the Orb and passing through the 9 locks of Fonseranes
- return to Béziers by coach
- Visit of the Villa Kumquats, which has been awarded “Accueil Vélo” label
- Dinner and overnight stay in Béziers
- Visit of Noilly Prat in Marseillan
- Bike ride from Noilly Prat to Sète
- Departure to Montpellier
- Check-in at a 4* hotel in the centre of Montpellier
- guided walking visit of Montpellier’s historical city centre.
- cycle along the Lez river
- Lunch and departure: you can either leave from Montpellier airport after 2pm or departure to Toulouse airport, arrival at Toulouse airport around 4.30/5 pm
DISCOVERY OF THE LOT AND THE DORDOGNE VALLEYS
- Departure from Toulouse to go to the LOT area, around 4 pm arrival in the vineyard of Cahors
- Cycling tour (approximately 1 hour) in the vineyard around Puy L’Evêque
- Transfer to Souillac, in the Dordogne valley
- Dinner and accomodation in Souillac
- Departure for a cycling tour (1.30 approximately) to discover the Dordogne valley
- Transfer to Rocamadour / Visit of Rocamadour
- Cycling tour around Rocamadour, to discover the « Causses du Quercy » Regional Natural Park
- Transfer to Figeac and visit of the medieval heart of the town
- Transfer to Tour-de-Faure for dinner and night
- Cycling tour up to Saint-Cirq Lapopie
- Transfer to Cahors, and visit of this Great Tourist Site of Occitanie: the heart of the town, the indoor market, the Valentré bridge
- Lunch in Cahors
- Departure to Toulouse airport, arrival at the airport around 4pm.